Senior Project Manager – Hamilton
Are you looking for a Company with a positive culture and community focused approach to doing business. At Fosters, you will be part of a highly motivated team working alongside great Clients, Consultants, Suppliers, and Subcontractors.
Imagine having the opportunity to:
- Work with some of the most talented people in the construction industry.
- Grow and develop your career in your chosen field while being exposed to other areas that may be of interest.
- Donate $500 annually to an organisation or charity of your choice.
- Get building supplies, gym membership, physiotherapy sessions, and skins checks at discounted rates.
- Be part of an organisation where the leaders understand, acknowledge, and appreciate that people are their greatest asset.
Foster Construction is a highly successful entity based in the Waikato. Significant growth over the last 10 years has seen our business become a leader in the commercial construction industry. Our Company is renowned for its exceptional workplace culture and business values.
We are looking for a senior level Project Manager with commercial construction experience to join our Hamilton based operation. Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification in Construction/Project Management and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, including running commercial projects with a value of between $10 and $20 million.
In this role you are required to build, from a diverse group, a cohesive team that will consistently perform at a level that will ensure that the project is successful. Furthermore, you will be involved in all aspects of the project, including pre and post contract.
Applications are sought from proven Project Managers who can demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Strong business acumen
- Sound construction knowledge (commercial)
- Design & build experience
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- At least 5 years’ NZ experience in commercial construction project management
- Solid computer-based skills, particularly in programmes like Microsoft Project and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Absolute commitment to Health and Safety
- Strong leadership skills
- A valid NZ Driver’s Licence
To succeed in this position, it is essential that you have outstanding people and communication skills. Also, that you use your significant construction experience to foresee potential challenges and to develop solutions to ensure that work is delivered without concern.
If you enjoy the challenge of managing a variety of projects and are looking to work for a company that cares about their people then please contact us immediately.
For a confidential discussion call Nigel Sun 021 964962. Please apply for this role via Seek, or by submitting your CV and cover letter below.
Please note: you must be able to live and work in NZ. Also, you must have a minimum 5 years of NZ commercial construction experience with a main contractor. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be considered and your application will not be acknowledged.